Has Your Life Changed? Your Custody, Visitation or Support Orders Can Change, Too

Whether you were divorced last year or 10 years ago, you have the right to seek modification of a child custody, visitation or support order. An experienced New York lawyer can help you petition for the modifications you need.

To learn more about how we can help modify child support or visitation rights, schedule a consultation with an experienced White Plains child custody change attorney. Call 914-682-1993 or e-mail our office.

Have You Experienced a Change in Circumstances?

Not all aspects of divorce arrangements can be readily modified. For example, you are not going to be able to make changes to a decades-old property settlement very easily. However, there are many aspects that can be changed more readily.

You have the ability to pursue modification of child support, child custody and visitation orders by showing that there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the original order was entered. Of course, substantial changes can come in many forms. Examples include:

  • A drastic, unanticipated increase or decrease in income
  • A change in the needs of the child
  • A change in the family dynamic such as remarriage or the birth of a child
  • A situation that could potentially endanger the child
  • The emancipation of a child

Tell Us About Your Situation

When you come to the Law Office of Frank J. Salvi, PLLC, we will take the time to learn about the change in circumstance that has occurred. Once we understand the details, we will give you straight answers about your options. If we believe that seeking a custody change or another type of modification is not an option, we will tell you so.

However, if we believe that a modification is possible, we will pursue it in a manner that is not only effective, but efficient and cost-conscious. For a consultation about modification or any other divorce issue, call us today at 914-682-1993. online.