How Can You Enforce Compliance With A Family Court Order?

After the long, hard fight of resolving a divorce or other family law matter, most people hope that the solutions that were put in place will not need to be revisited ever again. But, the unfortunate fact is that the other party may not be upholding his or her end of the bargain. The other party may be failing periodically or may have simply ceased all together in their attempts to continue to meet those obligations.

We can help you hold the other party accountable when he or she fails to meet his or her court-ordered obligations by petitioning the court for assistance.

Even if you want to give that person the benefit of the doubt, you need to take action to hold him or her to his or her obligations. Depending on what issue they are failing to comply with, it can create real lasting problems that could have a deep and lasting impact. Common issues where enforcement is necessary include:

  • Parenting time — Is the child's other parent failing to follow the court-ordered schedule of when the child should be with which parent? Apart from inconveniencing you, this can create instability and uncertainty for your child. It is hard enough for a child to divide his or her time between households without the challenge of an irregular schedule and the possibility of conflict because of that failure to comply.
  • Child custody — Is your child's other parent failing to honor your role in making major decisions? Are you being denied a say on such important issues as education, health care and your child's religious upbringing?
  • Child support — Are you receiving the full amount of child support you should every month? Anything less is denying your child the financial stability he or she deserves. It also places an unfair share of the burden on your shoulders.

Beyond asking the court to enforce orders that are currently in place, we can also help you ask the court for modifications to family court orders that no longer reflect the reality of your situation.

Creating Solutions To Help You After Your Divorce

At the Law Office of Frank J. Salvi, PLLC, we offer our clients representation that is backed by decades of combined experience that can help enforce current family court orders. We understand the difficulties that can be created when one party to an order fails to comply. You deserve to have the other party's compliance so that you can make plans and decisions about the future. No one deserves to be able to unilaterally change the terms of a court order. We can help you fight to hold the other party accountable for his or her failure to comply with the terms of your order.

Our Testimonials page highlights some of the good things past clients have had to say about us.

Family Court Order Enforcement Attorneys in the greater New York area.

You do not have to live with the challenges created by someone who is not following the terms of a family court order. We can ask the court for help for you. Call 914-682-1993, or contact us online to request a initial appointment with one of our White Plains lawyers.